The World of Anew: The Distant Light is an open-world, side-scrolling Sci-fi-experience. During the explorations, the player will encounter various biomes, all with a different flora and fauna. The game has a day and night cycle, which makes it sometimes hard to survive on the surface of the moon. Some creatures only will come out at day or night.
- The Ancient Crater
- Cavern of Shadows
- The Frozen Abyss
- The Lost Desert
- The Journey
- Sanctuary of Souls
- Fractal Fortress
- The Refinery
Source: Official Anew site, level map.
- Player respawns at the last activated checkpoint if defeated.
- Refills some player energy.
- Can be upgraded to refill more energy.
- Can be upgraded for quick travel to another activated waypoint.
- Can be upgraded to serve as a Workstation.
Players can enter them to get to a distant location.
Vehicles help the player to wander the world faster and reach distant locations, and places, which otherwise could not be reached.
- From the Official manual